This is a beautiful fruit which was originally found in Central America. It is a fruit with sweet taste and soft buttery texture. It is available throughout the year. It is somewhat pear shaped and about 8 inches long. It is orange in color with a tinge of yellowish shade to the inner part. It is a very beneficial fruit with its share of benefits for the hair and skin. It is also greatly beneficial for health. This fruit is also used in many dietary supplements. This amazing fruit is rich in vitamins, papains, anti-oxidant nutrients such as carotenes, flavonoids, folate and pantothenic acid; and mineral, potassium, magnesium and fiber. Further even the pulp of this fruit is amazingly useful, it’s used in many facial creams and shampoos.
BENEFITS FOR THE SKIN:
- It helps removing dead skin cells in addition to breaking down the proteins which are in-active due to the presence of vitamin A and papain.
- Regular consumption of papaya in right quantities help get that glow on skin which is from within and whatever is from within lasts longer.
- Sore and cracked heals can be treated with mashed papayas to great effect.
- It reduces skin ageing signs, so eat papaya daily for a younger looking skin.
- Peel of papaya can be used to whiten legs and also whiten your face.
- A paste of fresh papayas helps reduce pimples and other blemishes on the face. Just keep it on your face for 25 minutes and then remove.
- It keeps your skin hydrated due to its low sodium quality. It helps in retention of little water in your skin which keeps it hydrated.
These are some of the many benefits that papaya has for skin. It’s a great remedy for many of the skin problems that we face. Use it to the fullest.
HAIR BENEFITS OF PAPAYA:
Apart from the skin benefits of papaya, it has great hair benefits. The benefits can be reaped by eating the fruit regularly as well as using it in hair treatment products like shampoos.
- It is a great cure for dandruff thus if you suffer from dandruff this might just be the solution you were looking for.
- It adds shine, luster to the otherwise dull, unruly and lifeless hair. You can use the papaya leaf abstracts for this purpose.
- It benefits the hair in such a way that adds to the volume of hair, makes them thick, strong and adds life to your hair
- As discussed earlier it’s rich in nutrients which is great for your hair. It also prevents baldness which is everyone’s nightmarish enemy.
- It helps removing the oil, dirt and chemical build up in the hair as it has minerals vitamins and other enzymes.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPAYA:
Not just the two above listed benefits. It has more to it than just hair and skin. Well it is quite obvious with its richness in so many nutrients it is of great health benefit. It has been concluded scientifically that it also helps cure some diseases. Great isn’t it..?
- It prevents us from catching some flu, common cold and ear infections which is so very common in everyday life that it sometimes takes a toll on us.
- Beta-cartone present in papaya boosts our immunity system which increases our immunity. This helps us remain away from a variety of diseases.
- It is rich in potassium which not only keeps our blood pressure in check but also keeps our mind alert.
- It is greatly beneficial for our eyesight. Having adequate amount of papaya around three times a day improves your eye sight.
- It has wound healing properties, it can heal wounds if the pulp is directly applied on it.
Thus we can see that papaya has great benefits, all of them listed above. So do include it in your diet for a healthier living.